[*BCM*] Re: MA youth climate/energy summit, sept 23-24

Pete Stidman pstidman at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 4 14:41:13 EDT 2006

>From the flyer it looks like it, can you give more details, like which groups will be involved?

-Pete

"Aditya (Adi) Nochur" <anochur at gmail.com> wrote: Forgot the flyer -- see attached.

-Adi

On 9/4/06, Aditya (Adi) Nochur <anochur at gmail.com> wrote: Hey all,

Given the climate justice/Hurricane Katrina focus of the August Critical Mass (check out the blog post at  http://itsgettinghotinhere.org/446 for all the dirt on that), I figured a bunch of you might be interested in a youth energy/climate change summit I'm putting together.  The event is being held on the weekend September 23-24 at 45 Mt. Auburn St. in Harvard Square.  It will feature numerous organizing skills trainings, breakout discussion sessions and campaign and issue briefings ,with the ultimate goal of building the power of youth as climate activists and building strong activist networks to ensure a just and sustainable future.  Potential keynote speakers include Ben Namakin, a youth from Micronesia in the Pacific Ocean whose nation is being inundated by rising sea levels due to climate change.

I've attached a quarter-page flyer you can use for outreach in your communities if you'd like.  The summit is primarily aimed at youth and students, but all are welcome.  If you're interested in attending the summit or want more information, feel free to e-mail me!

Thanks,

--Adi Nochur
  Tufts University/Sierra Student Coalition

Check out my blog at http://www.petestidman.com .
You can read my latest stories, connect to non-commercial internet radio and browse recent stories about the media.