[*BCM*] non-emergency hotline?

Robin Kimball ifmanis5 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 22 18:36:55 EDT 2006

Hello, all.

I'm new to the Bostonland area, having just moved from Chicago.  Is there a
non-emergency police hotline around here, to report non-injury accidents and
such (analogous to Chi's 311)?  Like when some jerkface in an SUV nicks your
back corner and, uh, drives off?  But you have their plate number and you
tailed them to their parking spot and building in an adrenaline-fueled
sprint even though you had groceries in your pannier?

Does that even rank a call to an authority or should I just return to their
house and leave a small note on the car, with a few sentences on etiquette
and a remark about our mutual luck this afternoon?

Thank you!
-Robin.