[*BCM*] THURSDAY! Oct. 5, 5:30-8:30 pm -- LIVABLE STREETS SOCIAL

Jeff Rosenblum rosenblum.jeff at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 17:10:03 EDT 2006

*** LivableStreets Alliance -- street social THURSDAY ***
Eat, drink, learn, play, support

Thursday October 5 @ 5:30-9:30 pm
Office/Exhibit space + Patio
70 Pacific Street @ Sydney, Cambridge
$15 suggested donation

Come join us [outside!] for some great food [vegetarian], music, raffle,
and an exciting presentation on how urban transportation effects our
everyday lives. Mingle with us and others like you who are committed to
improving urban transportation.

Congratulations Altwheels and Hub On Wheels! Join us thursday with the
organizers of these two events and their volunteers to celebrate two
phenomenal successes!

We will be showing a 10-minute clip about how Portland faught the major
highway that would have run through their city in the 70's, and the
positive consequences that resulted from this decision.

View our summer series of 10-minute "Word on the Streets" videos about
Boston, produced by our summer intern Elisa.

Video 1: http://tinyurl.com/msz52
Video 2: http://tinyurl.com/qrs3n
Video 3: Premered August. Online soon.

------------------
AltWheels-- This year at Boston City Hall Plaza, the fourth annual
Transportation Festival had over 10,000 participants!
http://www.emagazine.com/view/?3380

------------------

Hub On Wheels-- This year, the second annual bicycle ride and festival,
over 2000 cyclists toured the city on 10, 20, 30, and 40-mile loops,
beginning with a ride along Storrow Drive-- CAR FREE (thanks to
Commissioner Burrington from the DCR).
http://www.boston.com/sports/other_sports/cycling/articles/2006/10/01/a_spin_around_the_city/

www.livablestreets.info

We're on the edge of the MIT campus and there's plenty of bike parking.
Click here for directions:
http://www.livablestreets.info/node/530

weather/info contact:
call 617.621.1746