[*BCM*] Laws

Lee Peters lfpeters at gis.net
Mon Oct 2 16:42:29 EDT 2006

There was a bike accident in front of my house this afternoon.  The ambulance was called and she seems ok.  The EMT actually put her bike in the back of the truck and either brought her home or to the hospital.

How did it happen?

Well, she was going the wrong way on my one-way street.  The driver of a van pulled out in front of her at an intersection without looking the 'wrong' way down the street.  I didn't see if the driver made a full stop for the stop sign.

Granted, it wouldn't happen if she wasn't going the wrong direction----BUT is there a law that says look BOTH ways before proceeding through a stop sign?

The rationalization that flowed from the driver's mouth was astonishing.  I don't believe he got any kind of ticket.