[*BCM*] about building a new one..

Jon Petitt jon at bostonist.com
Wed Nov 15 10:00:58 EST 2006

in an effort to not totally reinvent the wheel (har dee har har) Sheldon
Brown has a bunch of good information about free-wheels, fixies, mods, and
well, a whole lot of other stuff bike related:
http://sheldonbrown.com/fixed.html (also at the Harris Cyclery in West
Newton: http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/)

This page:
http://sheldonbrown.com/deakins/how-to-fixed-conversion.html#rearwheel might
answer your question most effectively

and, Josh Michtom wrote a fun to read post on fixed gear cycling on
Bostonist in summer '05 you can read here:
http://www.bostonist.com/archives/2005/06/09/bicycling_for_the_terminally_hip.php
A fair amount of good links and information (good links to local resources
in the last paragraph).

jsp

--
jon petitt