[*BCM*] Sharing the road vs. taking a lane?

Mars martian at MIT.EDU
Wed May 17 12:42:52 EDT 2006

Personally, I ride however I feel safest and best; Best meaning there is
not necessarily a reason for me to ride in the lane for safety concerns,
but for other 'I feel like it' reasons. I do not, however, ride in the
lane simply to block the passage of cars, and frankly, I'm frustrated
when CM does so. 'We are traffic', but how often do you see 'traffic'
going out of its way to block other cars.

Basically, my attitude towards the issue is such that I do not really
like the over-use of cars, and will not go out of my way to do anything
for them, including moving out of the way when I really do not want to,
be it a safety concern, or simply that I'm really enjoying myself and I
feel there is plenty of room for them to get by. This however, does not
mean that I do not move to the right of the lane often; I do, but only
when it is my choice.

In summary, I will not be intimidated or second-classed.