RE: [*BCM*] Boston PD=5 no friend of a cyclist

Tom Revay trevay at rcn.com
Wed Jun 28 10:49:15 EDT 2006

On 6/28/2006 at 3:06 PM Anne Wolfe wrote:

>Since being personally attacked, I will personally respond.
>1) I did say that MassBike got nothing done.  At the time, they didn't.

Not true.  Bikes on the T, State Bike Plan, Minuteman Bikepath, other achievements already cited.

>And indeed, I left the organization after my efforts to volunteer were
>rebuffed, in person, by MassBike then soon to be Vice President Tom
>Revay.

Not me, didn't do it, and as stated, never remember meeting you, despite your claims at having a "striking" appearance.

>2) MassBike now gets things done.  You know, since Tom is no longer vice
>president. Although the program Napoleon, I mean Tom (short man, loathes
>tall women)

Ad hominem attacks (two).  5'10".  Not short, doesn't loathe anyone for their physical appearance.  Two-term limit meant my retirement from the MassBike Board this past December.  Am now on the Advisory Committee, where old Board members are put out to ... pasture?  (Rust?  Stud?)  Have used my time to raise money for the Multiple Sclerosis society's Great Mass Getaway.  Want to donate?

>cited hasn't in fact yet been implemented.

More nonsense.  Statement was, "We successfully lobbied the Massachusetts Municipal Police Training Committee, who develop police training curricula for both state and local police, to include this training, and they agreed in June, 2005.  Though the results won't be immediate, as more police are trained in what the law actually says about bicycle operation, relations between bicyclists and police should improve over time."  True statement.

>Which goes to
>show you how far Tom thinks "getting things done" means.

Ad hominem attack.  Ignored.

>3) For the stuff MassBike has gotten done, I've gone direct to the
>person responsible, Dori Clarke, who's done an absolutely bang up job as
>far as I can see, and MassBike will be sorry to see her go.

She's gone, guess you weren't paying attention.  We are sorry, but we are also happy to have David Watson, who's been doing a bang-up job himself for a couple months now.

-- Tom Revay