[*BCM*] The movement that divides us

turtle turtle at zworg.com
Mon Jun 5 22:06:17 EDT 2006

Boston Critical Mass <list at bostoncriticalmass.org> wrote:

> > As an urban rider I would never donate or support a group that names "follow
> > the laws you bicyclists" as a campaign.
>
> hear, hear.  and unfortunately, this is an attitude I've seen far too
> often in Boston, where every biker is a representative of all bikers,
> and until we've all cleaned up our acts we arent' allowed to ask for
> anything.
>
> It's sheer nonsense.  There are a bazillion much more important ways
> to improve the safety of bicyclists than blaming each other.

In my experience this isn't an either/or situation - it's an "and"
situation.  I say I want EVERYONE to be respectful on the roads -
bicyclists AND motorists AND pediestrians AND everyone else too.

I mean the goal is safe cycling, right?  And that means that you, me,
and everyone else needs to be careful and considerate.  As a cylist, I
don't care what you are driving, I want you to not cut me off, hit me,
or be aggressive.

-Turtle