[*BCM*] The movement that divides us

Anne Wolfe axw at michelmores.com
Mon Jun 5 13:18:04 EDT 2006

Except you're just blaming every driver that did wrong.  I bet hundreds
of cars have passed you in the last week, and the vast majority of them
did not hit you, honk at you, car door you or do anything else.

I rarely hear cyclists get blamed for anything.  Until this article,
that is.  I do, however, listen to cyclists constantly go "cars are
bad."  Now, cars in my opinion are bad for a lot of reasons, but the
vast majority of drivers and cars on the road don't hit anyone, don't
kill anyone and behave better than most of the cyclists I know.  Even in
Boston.  Actually, when it comes to comparing their behaviour with the
cyclists, particularly in Boston.  Boston cyclists need to be a wee bit
crazy to ride there (though it is getting better) and consequently
there's a lot of really poor behaviour from cyclists there.  Cambridge
is always shockingly different, and generally better behaved, although
there are exceptions.