[*BCM*] slap on the wrist

Tripp Hyde henrythehorrible at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 14:54:33 EST 2006

Is using a cell phone while driving even illegal in MA?  I know it is
in CT and I know people who have been pulled over in CT for it.  I
guess it doesn't really matter though because that would require the
MA police to actually *enforce* a traffic law (besides speeding on the
Mass Pike).

On 12/1/06, TSmith4918 at aol.com <TSmith4918 at aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 12/1/2006 2:33:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> jefctaylor at hotmail.com writes:
> I don't understand why motorists like this one aren't permanently stripped
> of their right to drive.
>

> this is why: according to the judge...
> "This is a tragic case and one which has demonstrated to us there are
> many things we can't adequately resolve in this building, unfortunately.
> The law doesn't give us an adequate remedy to address the loss to the
> Wilhelms and society," she said.
>
> she changed lanes and the bike was in the way.  sounds like we need to
> change the law:  it would be the same result in Mass, no?
>
> I think it has less with teenagers and more to do with freaking cell
> phones...not a mile goes by when I  have to avoid someone who is distracted
> on the phone...

-=t
http://dumbbox.dyndns.org:81