[*BCM*] slap on the wrist

TSmith4918 at aol.com TSmith4918 at aol.com
Fri Dec 1 14:49:05 EST 2006

In a message dated 12/1/2006 2:33:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jefctaylor at hotmail.com writes:

I don't  understand why motorists like this one aren't permanently stripped
of their  right to drive.

this is why: according to the judge...
"This is a tragic case and one which has demonstrated  to us there are
many things we can't adequately resolve in this building,  unfortunately.
The law doesn't give us an adequate remedy to address  the loss to the
Wilhelms and society," she said.

she changed lanes and the bike was in the way.   sounds like we need to
change the law:  it would be the same result in  Mass, no?

I think it has less with teenagers and more to do with  freaking cell
phones...not a mile goes by when I  have to avoid someone who  is distracted on the
phone...