[*BCM*] Scattered Thoughts on Massbike, Police, and Class

turtle turtle at zworg.com
Fri Sep 30 20:03:09 EDT 2005

Just like Critical Mass, MassBike is what you make of it.  The Board of
Directors, which includes the President, is made up of volunteers of
all ages, shapes, colors, genders, classes, and styles who love biking
and showed an interest in making a committement to making MassBike the
best it can be.  These people make all the big decisions about where
the organization is heading and choose what kinds of programs to fund
with the money that is donated by members, so the Board really is the
heart and soul of the organization (while the office staff are the
hands and feet, I suppose!).  The Board of Directors election is open
to anyone who is a MassBike member, and it's coming up in December.
You can become a member for as little as $15, and if you honestly can't
afford that, I'd be happy to give a gift membership to anyone on the CM
email list who wants to run for the MassBike Board (even though I live
under the poverty level myself).

So if you think you have what it takes to help a statewide biycling
organization promote transportational cycling as a healthy, fun, safe,
respectful, environmentally, and socially responsible way to travel and
you are willing to do your best to represent the interests of cyclists
of all types (not just the "hip" ones), then go for it!  MassBike needs
good, committed people who really care about transportational cycling
and have great ideas about how to make bicycling better for everyone.

-Turtle
never been on the Board, though was invited to run once...