[*BCM*] Re: Thanks MassBike!

Thomas John Vitolo tjvitolo at bu.edu
Fri Sep 30 10:09:29 EDT 2005

Lechmere to Boston College is a long way.  If the weather turns and it gets
nasty out, it feels even further.

The area covered by busses is far greater than the subway, and it incorporates a
number of interstates and other limited access roads.  Bike racks will be
important.  In fact, I live in Kenmore Square and have to go out to Hanscom AFB
in Lexington MA a few days a week.  It's a bit far to ride back and forth each
day, but I very well might ride my bike from Kenmore to Alewife and ride the bus
from Alewife to Hanscom.  That is, if those busses get bike racks.

Just because *your* lifestyle doesn't entail multimodal commutes that could
incorporate busses and bikes doesn't mean that others aren't in that situation.
 Furthermore, why wouldn't you do anything but encourage folks to ride bikes and
busses, and if they need both to be effective, to do so?

But, sorry to interrupt.  Bitch on.  See you tonight.

 - stomv

> You can also take your bike
> on any train that isn't the Green Line, and aside from 1/4th of the
> Green Line (the D trains), the Green Line isn't very long. But
> hooray,
> I can ride my bike from BU to Kenmore Square, get on the train, and
> then get off at Copley and be at Critical Mass!

Support a few technologists in Washington.  Go to:
http://actblue.com/list/stomv