[*BCM*] Re: Thanks MassBike!

Lord Admiral Horatio Nelson jorach at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 02:23:00 EDT 2005

"1) Intermodal commuting.  I used to work in Lowell, but I live in Porter
Square.  That's too far to ride every day, so I'd ride to the commuter
rail in West Medford, train to Lowell, and then ride the two miles to my
office.  Extrapolate that to someone who lives downtown and works in
Quincy or Braintree -- same situation, different train."

You can take bikes on the commuter rail. You can also take your bike
on any train that isn't the Green Line, and aside from 1/4th of the
Green Line (the D trains), the Green Line isn't very long. But hooray,
I can ride my bike from BU to Kenmore Square, get on the train, and
then get off at Copley and be at Critical Mass!

Worrying about "what if my bike breaks" is hardly reason enough to
pretend that bringing bikes on the T (and remember Commuter Rail != T)
is some sort of great thing.

- Jason Orach