[*BCM*] Take a mint

Lee Peters lfpeters at gis.net
Thu Sep 1 09:00:55 EDT 2005

The list is much different from the actual experience.  This is where people
vent, wrestle over details of activism-usefulness of the ride, or dole out
advice.  There was a dude who e-mailed the list at 5 in the morning a few
days ago.  He was a rare voice speaking of his inspirational experience at
CM.

If you go on the ride, I promise you will be surprised in some way.  You may
get a negative feeling and not even finish the ride, BUT at least you tried
it to see it first hand.  You will have had an authentic experience.  CM
isn't really something you are "part of" it is something you DO or don't do.

I don't know how long you have been on the list, but it goes like the past
dozen e-mails all the time.  The actual ride changes moods.  Sometimes it is
militant, sometimes friendly.  It usually depends on where in the pack you
ride, the middle is the friendliest.

So, how did you hear about CM?