[*BCM*] riding

Thomas John Vitolo tjvitolo at bu.edu
Tue Oct 4 16:44:33 EDT 2005

Quoting Jym Dyer <jym at econet.org>:

> > Are you saying that a law, such as 'no double parking',
> > targets the poor?  I don't get it.
>
> =v= No need to ask "Are you saying ... ?" because as he
> already wrote, part of the problem is that ENFORCEMENT
> is disproportionately directed towards communities that
> are disenfranchised.
>     <_Jym_>

Really?  My sense was that his point was that fines are regressive... a $100
ticket is a mere frustration to a true middle class citizen, but a real hardship
to someone living closer to the poverty line.  Did he actually write
enforcement, or was that your interpretation/memory?

 - stomv

Support a few technologists in Washington.  Go to:
http://actblue.com/list/stomv