[*BCM*] A unified strategy!

Pete Stidman pstidman at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 13:00:17 EST 2005

I would take a triple approach, addressing the needs
of beginning, intermediate and advanced riders.

Examples would be

improving off-road paths and crossings (in areas where
crossings are infrequent)

Creating well-designed bike lanes outside of the door
zone, also designed to induce traffic-calming.

Educating drivers about bikers right to the road,
following distance, and other key safety things.

In my philosophy, the weaker party in conflict is the
one who needs help, so yes I emphasize disabled
people, then pedestrians, then bicycles, then cars.
Along side of that strategy improving mass transit and
addressing environmental racism in MBTA planning.

That's the brief.  I support livable streets.

-Pete