[*BCM*] NYC Critical Mass Art Campaign

Visual Resistance visual.resistance at gmail.com
Sun May 22 11:45:32 EDT 2005

Hi Boston CM folks,

I was checking out the flyers on your site and was hoping to get in
touch with the person who designed the "Join the Celebration" poster.
I'm part of a collective (visualresistance.org) that is collecting and
printing poster, sticker, and stencil designs in support of Critical
Mass in New York City.  The NYPD has been fighting hard against the
monthly rides and we're looking to raise public awareness of Critical
Mass and cyclists' rights.

I'd like to adapt the Join the Celebration poster for NYC and put it
on our site for free download and distribution.  As summer heats up,
we're looking to gear up our campaign with more designs and a
coordinated street campaign.  We're currently building a new website
to host images for free download and discuss the issues at stake ---
from sustainable transportation to the right of free assembly.

Also if you could pass on word to fridnely artists who might be
interested it would help us greatly.  Although we're in New York and
are centering our print campaign in that city, we'd like the site to
become more of a general repository for pro-CM and pro-bike images
that can be used by people around the country, and the world.

For background info, check out about a dozen designs already on our
site: http://visualresistance.org/wordpress/?page_id=126

Thanks!
Eliot, visualresistance.org