[*BCM*] permit application

Hari Arisetty h_arisetty at tcbinc.org
Fri Mar 4 10:25:52 EST 2005

hahaha. I think CM's permit will be rejected.

How to obtain a Road Race or a
 Parade Permit

To hold a road race or parade in Boston, the organizer must submit a written request, as far in advance as possible, to the Commissioner of the Boston Transportation Department. The request must contain the following information:

* The name of the group sponsoring the road race or parade

no group name, per se, informally known as Critical Mass after the documentary of the same name.

* The date of the event

Last Friday of every month.

* The route that the road race or parade will take

Um, dunno. Somewhere through Boston. We usually end up at Harvard Square in Cambridge, though.

* The formation point for participants

Copley Square.

* The starting time

Um, dunno. Technically at 5:30 but we always get a late start. Good rule of thumb is that the delay is proportional to the temperature. In freezing weather, somethink like 5:45. Nice summer days - probably closer to 6:15.

* The expected number of participants

Um, dunno. Much like starting time, temperature dependent. January - a dozen. August - a couple of hundred (hopefully)

*	The name, address and daytime telephone number of the organizer.

Um, dunno. Whoever's in the front of the group, I guess.