[*BCM*] cambridge

Robert Arnold rsarnold at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 09:55:40 EDT 2005

The driver have certainly made a huge difference in my own cycling
style. I'm much more agressive than I ever was in Seatte (where I
lived and biked in for nearly ten years without a single accident). I
think the general disregard for, hmm, turn signals, or, hmm, speed
limits, etc. makes for an overall culture of chaos on the roads. As I
said in my letter, if Cambridge wants to contain the cyclists, they'll
first have to contain the drivers. Otherwise, it's a wasted effort.
And I'd urge anybody getting a ticket from Cambridge police for
bicycle offenses to contest the ticket. Even if you do end up paying
for the ticket eventually, the due process of forcing a hearing will
cost the city more than they'll make from the tickets, and thus it'll
remove one more incentive for their crackdown.

Rob