[*BCM*] A Response

contraelolvido at riseup.net contraelolvido at riseup.net
Sat Jul 30 14:42:56 EDT 2005

For suburban bikers who ride critical mass as a weekend warrior fun-trip,
then ya, a nice easy laid back route would be nice. But critical mass,
while not political, by its very nature is a statement about biker's
rights. And for those of us who live in central square, its nice to for
one night a month feel safe riding in our own neighborhood. It's an issue
of empowerment, an it's about yelling out real loudly that bikers have a
right to ride down mass-ave without getting harrassed.

I'm not saying that we should provoke confrontation, just that for some of
us who actually deal with biker harrasment, the mass isn't just about
riding that one night. It's about feeling safe riding the rest of the
month.

Oh and, if you don't ride the mass ever, and just come on this list to
complain, then please leave.