[*BCM*] Opinions on move by MassBike

Anne Wolfe goannego at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 20:48:06 EST 2005

Turtle,
About time you spoke up and acknowledged that you no longer worked for MassBike.  I've just been having a conversation by e-mail with Dorie, who has in a matter of minutes managed to garner some respect from me.  She invited me to come back to MassBike, and I said "Look, this is what happened.  And between your staffer Tom Revay's comments and prior treatment of me, and your staffer Turtle's comments today baiting me that I had apparently left because no one agreed with my ideas, I can't say that anything has changed about MassBike that would make me want to come back."  She e-mailed me and clarified that you no longer worked for MassBike, although you had previously.  We're actually talking.  She's impressed me already.

I like a lot about what MassBike claims to stand for.  I, too, am passionate about such causes.  Which is why I joined them in the first place.

Then, Tom was rude and obnoxious, and my volunteering and efforts were first underutilized and then just dropped, and it evolved into being strongly rebuffed.  And all the things MassBike claimed to stand for or advocate for just seemed to be getting no where, which wasn't very suprising when the organization seemed to be more about backbiting than anything else, so I thought "Nah, why bother."  I channelled my energies elsewhere and am currently even in the short term before I go abroad being happily exploited by Bikes Not Bombs.  They have their issues too, as does every organization, but I feel like my time is well spent and my dollars are even better spent to acheive things.  And no one's been rude or mean to me, whether they agreed with my ideas or not.  And in the meantime I do my own lobbying.

turtle <turtle at zworg.com> wrote:
So Anne, is there anything you LIKE about MassBIke? Or are they just
completely successful at doing everything that you dislike?

-Turtle
NOT MassBike, by the way, just a plain old citizen like the rest of us.

"Really feminine, in a take no guff kind of way." - Steve Hurley on yours truly

http://mail.yahoo.com

"Really feminine, in a take no guff kind of way." - Steve Hurley on yours truly