[*BCM*] snow / ice riding

Ted White ted at igc.org
Thu Jan 6 03:06:49 EST 2005

Dear d;

I used snow tires last year and never needed to skip a day.
They worked really well.
The brand I'd reccomend is Nokkia--made in Finland.

You can pick from various sizes of metal studs
for thin ice or major snow.

I think you should be able to find some in Boston.

Of course, you should still ride with caution
on snow or ice--but studded tires should make you a lot safer.

-Ted White
(Amherst, MA)