[*BCM*] Sign up now for MassBike Cycling Skills class and/or League Cycling Instructor Training

Dorie Clark bikexec at massbike.org
Fri Feb 18 16:40:34 EST 2005

Interested in learning how to ride better in traffic? Take MassBike's Urban
Cycling Skills course (Wed, March 30 and Sun, April 3) so you can have more
fun and ride more safely, whether it's for recreation, getting to work, or
just tooling around. You can register online here:
http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1204624.

Why Urban Cycling Skills Training?

“I already know how to ride a bike. Why would I need to take a bicycling
class?”

We hear that a lot.  But those who complete an Urban Cycling Skills Class
are amazed at how much there is to learn and how much better a cyclist they’
ve become.  Many students have overcome fears of riding in traffic through
participating in these courses.  The class is appropriate whether your
preference is commuting or fitness, city or country riding. This class is
“Road One,” the nationally certified class offered by the League of American
Bicyclists, and is a new addition. MassBike's March 16th/20th class has sold
out.

The class meets: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 30th, 5:30pm – 8:30pm in Back Bay, Boston
(off bike)  & SUNDAY, APRIL 3rd,   9:00am – 5:00pm in Dorchester at Franklin
Park (on bike). The cost is $50 for MassBike & Charles River Wheelmen
members & Mass Red Ribbon riders, $60 for all others.

To learn more and sign up, go to www.massbike.org

BUT WAIT
.THERE’S MORE!  BECOME A LEAGUE CYCLING INSTRUCTOR

MassBike and Groundwork Somerville have teamed up to promote active living
and will be offering more urban cycling skills classes this year.  Would you
like to learn how to teach cycling skills to others? On April 15th-17th,
League Cycling Instructor classes will be offered to train people who have
passed Road One how to teach bicycle education classes.  That program is run
through the League of American Bicyclists in partnership with MassBike. You
can learn more at http://www.massbike.org/events/lci2005.htm

TO REGISTER FOR THE LCI CLASS, you MUST submit the forms to the League of
American Bicyclists by MARCH 1st.

Please also contact MassBike to let us know you’re interested at
bikeinfo at massbike.org

Once we have a terrific group of teachers trained (could that be you?), then
we’ll be ready to offer Urban Cycling Skills classes once a month from May
to October.  Our plan is to offer one-day classes, 1/2-day refresher
courses, and at least one women-only class.  If you would like to be
notified of these upcoming opportunities, please sign up by contacting
MassBike at bikeinfo at massbike.org.

Please distribute this notice widely – the more folks on bicycles the
better!

Dorie Clark
Executive Director
MassBike