[*BCM*] Fwd: [phonography] Cycling recordists

Anne Wolfe goannego at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 03:24:17 EST 2005

I don't know about dynamo powered flashlights, but I happen to love my
generator hub bike lights!

On 21/12/05, turtle <turtle at zworg.com> wrote:

> Boston Critical Mass <list at bostoncriticalmass.org> wrote:
> >
> > ------=_Part_3754_30147199.1135179566236
> >
> > Interesting idea maybe to revive once computing technology becomes more
> > waterproof? I think those new hand-cranked laptops (announced by MIT
> > recently) would work well with this...
>
> (snip)
>
> > I'm imagining a nomadic
> > post-civilization culture of cyclists revolutionaries organizing for
> > survival via decentralized peer-to-peer networks accross the world...
>
> Have you heard of the book Bicyclopoils by the guy who does the anti-car
> comic strip Roadkill Bill?  It's all about a post petroleum world where
> bicycles rule.  Check it out here:
>
> http://www.roadkillbill.com/!Bicyclopolis.html
>
> -Turtle
> who's recently been trying to figure out how to mount a dynamo (wind-up)
> powered flashlight on her bike, for worry-free biking at night.
>
> "One day we must come to see that peace is not merely a distant goal we
> seek, but that it is a means by which we arrive at that goal.  We must
> pursue peaceful ends through peaceful means." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Anne Wolfe, LL.M.
Mobile: ( 077484) 76599
"Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies have chocolate and a little somethin'
from each of the other major food groups and they leave your mouth
feeling minty fresh, making them the ideal breakfast food for people on the
go." - Karen Jack