[*BCM*] Fwd: [phonography] Cycling recordists

turtle turtle at zworg.com
Wed Dec 21 11:33:04 EST 2005

Boston Critical Mass <list at bostoncriticalmass.org> wrote:

> ------=_Part_3754_30147199.1135179566236
>
> Interesting idea maybe to revive once computing technology becomes more
> waterproof? I think those new hand-cranked laptops (announced by MIT
> recently) would work well with this...

(snip)

> I'm imagining a nomadic
> post-civilization culture of cyclists revolutionaries organizing for
> survival via decentralized peer-to-peer networks accross the world...

Have you heard of the book Bicyclopoils by the guy who does the anti-car
comic strip Roadkill Bill?  It's all about a post petroleum world where
bicycles rule.  Check it out here:

http://www.roadkillbill.com/!Bicyclopolis.html

-Turtle
who's recently been trying to figure out how to mount a dynamo (wind-up)
powered flashlight on her bike, for worry-free biking at night.

"One day we must come to see that peace is not merely a distant goal we
seek, but that it is a means by which we arrive at that goal.  We must
pursue peaceful ends through peaceful means." - Martin Luther King Jr.