[*BCM*] Bike Lanes Revisited

Lee Peters lfpeters at gis.net
Fri Dec 16 10:41:06 EST 2005

Yea, BUT.  Let's say that the traffic engineer and her draughtsperson is drawing up the plans for a street re-do.  On their list is to put in a bike lane, and to put in storm sewer grates.  They may see during the drawing process that the bikes should NOT be placed where the sewer grates are.  On Huntington Avenue, where Satan's own engineers worked, the storm grates are right in that little space left over for the bikes.

The lane in the video was not monitored by the police, a problem that continues everywhere.  Does that mean we don't draw that line??

Nice video, I have always wanted to do that.