[*BCM*] tunnel etc.

Anne Wolfe goannego at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 11:05:55 EDT 2005

Going through the tunnel is illegal unless you are an MBTA vehicle. So not
just bikes are excluded, but ordinary traffic, whether bicycle, pedestrian,
car or Segway.

On 31/08/05, Marq Maru <daiglodesign at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I don't understand why he doesn't think going through the tunnel is
> illegal.
> If we are riding on the street, we are considered a legal vehicle. Bound
> by
> all the constraints of a motorcycle, car, bus, etc.
>
> When I ride the 30 minutes to work, my feet never touch the ground, once.
> If I were to get a ticket for the stopsigns and red lights I run, I would
> smile and pay it...because I knowingly broke the law. (What are they going
> to do, raise my insurance premiums?)
>
> Now going throught the tunnel is a a different story. If the cops got
> organized to come down on CM, they would know that we were going to end up
> there at some point every month.
>
> He says that the police have no right to arrest us (true), and that the
> cops
> don't have the power to arrest us (false). That's just naive. Cops can
> take you downtown anytime they want (New York CM).
>
> I don't know why he's showing so much conviction about it when he wrote in
> his first email that CM has no real mission or meaning.
>
> Prognosis: Internet lurker that just likes to stir things up
> Diagnosis: Another filter on my spam blocker.

Anne Wolfe, LL.M.
Mobile: ( 077484) 76599
"In canon law (probably not a course you attended) there is something
called "an occasion of sin." --anyway, you are just an
"occasion of wacky." -- John Hildebidle, Bard of Porter Square