[*BCM*] A Response

Thomas John Vitolo tjvitolo at bu.edu
Mon Aug 1 16:29:32 EDT 2005

> If in August we hit Central Square, I propose we all dismount and
> carry/walk our bikes down the road. Since I've never heard of a
> jaywalker getting a ticket, I imagine we'd confuse the cops just
> long enough to get through unmolested.

I love it.  Some logistical issues to deal with, but an outstanding display of
civil disobediance for all the right reasons.

I propose we do two things:
1.  Go through Southie/JP/both, since we don't do it often enough, and it would
be a refreshing change of pace.
2.  Walk through Central Square streets while walking/carrying our bikes.

I propose that the best (only?!) way to do this is to hand out
maps/explainations beforehand, and have cell phone numbers available should
somebody get lost and want to rejoin.

We just need somebody to step up and say **I'M MAKING THE MAPS.  I'M OPEN TO
SUGGESTIONS, AND WILL POST IT ONLINE BEFOREHAND.  FOLLOW, OR NOT.**  Any takers?

 - stomv