[*BCM*] leegle

Johnathon Matthew Dill johnmdill at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 10:13:37 EDT 2004

>and consequently be subject to more laws
i have an electric scooter that i ride occasionally, and just recently, i
was stopped twice by Cambridge police who told me there is a new law for
any motorized scooter (gas or electric) that requires the rider to wear a
helmet, be at least 16, and follow all the normal rules of the road.  i
didn't get ticketed either time, and neither of them mentioned where on
the road i should ride.  i really don't think they will enforce any
lane-splitting offenses unless the rider is being extremely dangerous.

as cyclists in this city, we (i) would like to have a clear-cut,
attainable rule system, but for now we have to find a balance of both
chaos and order.