[*BCM*] Cambridge po-po sighting

rogerbwinn at letterboxes.org rogerbwinn at letterboxes.org
Fri Oct 15 11:18:41 EDT 2004

hey turtle,

when i group motorists together as dangerous, it has nothing to do with
them being bad people or out to get me or whatnot.  it's merely the
physics of it all.  cars weigh significantly more than us cyclists and
they usually travel at least the same speed, if not faster.  so when a
car-cyclist collision happens, it is extremely dangerous for the
cyclist.  it's just a fact of the situation, whether it's george bush or
lance armstrong or the president of massbikes driving a car, they're all
dangerous just because of the laws of physics.  i hope that clarifies my
comments lumping all drivers together.  and i do feel forced into the
situation, because cars aren't getting any smaller and even if i really
bulk up, there's no chance of me getting that big.  and i feel like i
take responsibility for my actions.  i wave when someone lets me in or i
fuck up on the road.  and i'm not trying to glorify running lights.
there's no moral purity i get from it.  have fun looking for a new
place.

love,
roger