[*BCM*] Question

Dave Roberts dave at the-wild.net
Thu Jul 29 15:38:30 EDT 2004

I rode because it is my opinion the delegates and VIP's should have rode more
bicycles and been ferried around less by giant SUV's and luxury sedans bearing
Michigan Manufacturer Plates.

Quoting Anne Wolfe <goannego at yahoo.com>:

* I swear, I'm not trying to be inflammatory or a jerk, but if CM wasn't
* protesting
* anything (which my understanding is they're usually not), why the sudden
* choice to
* instead of the usual monthly Friday night ride do a ride during the day down
* by the DNC?
* While I'm a loony left defender of civil liberties, this seems something
* close to
* inviting the police (who are on edge anyway) to engage with you at some
* level.  That's
* not a problem (this is how civil disobedience works), but then I don't think
* you can then
* get annoyed when they actually do engage.
*
* =====
*
* "If Beethoven had been killed in a plane crash at the age of 22, it would
* have changed the history of music...and of aviation." --Tom Stoppard
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
* Do you Yahoo!?
* Yahoo! Mail - 50x more storage than other providers!
* http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
* Boston Critical Mass mailing list
* list at bostoncriticalmass.org
* http://bostoncriticalmass.org/list