[Ny-tech-coop] We have a meeting time!

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy at kaplowitz.org
Fri Nov 13 11:19:44 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 11:09:07AM -0500, Karl Fogel wrote:
> Nina Paley <nina at ninapaley.com> writes:
> > Where will this take place? Please send address.
>
> Nina and I just talked on the phone.
>
> How about Nina's place, which is in Manhattan, not far from the West 4th
> subway stop?  There's room to spread out some paper there if we need to,
> and there's plenty of good food in the area.
>
> I'd just give you the address, but this list seems to be publicly
> archived, and posting Nina's address publicly is not a good idea
> (filmmaker + fans == occasional stalkers).  However, if you call me or
> send me a txt at (773) 351-1729, I'll give you the address, if you're
> one of the people on the invite list.  I might use the Instant Answer
> Protocol [1] to verify who you are :-).

Sounds great! I'd suggest everyone bring food, either from nearby or otherwise.
We can sit at Nina's and chat while we eat, and when we're ready we can start
making putting few plans/ideas/details on paper. Everyone spam^Wcontact Karl! :)

Having the list publicly archived is good for showing to potentially interested people, but does have the disadvantage you describe.

> Can we timebox (I love that word... mmm, boxes...) the meeting to an
> hour and a half?  We're both excited about the tech coop, but we also
> have some other work to do on Saturday.  I think an hour and a half
> should be enough to all get to know each other, figure out the rough
> parameters of what we're looking for, and figure out the next steps.

That's fine. There are other things I should be doing this weekend as well,
though knows if I will get enough round tuits. :) Nice word, and thanks for
taking some initiative!

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy at kaplowitz.org