[Friends of Millstone] 2 openings at Millstone Coop for Dec/Jan

Mary Regan maryregan at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 4 23:50:10 EST 2019

Hi Millstone Friends,
Our coop needs your help finding 2 new housemates for Dec/Jan.
Please read below, and share with anyone who might be interested.
Thanks,
Mary for Millstone Coop

Millstone Co-operative is looking for two new housemates to j<https://forms.gle/UawGSNKuuSLWKDxG6>oin our Dorchester home in December 2019/January 2020!

View this posting with photos at https://www.millstonecoop.org/live-with-us/

About the community:

Millstone strives to be an inter-generational, multi-racial, gender inclusive, LGBT-affirming coop in Dorchester. As a community, we value local environmental sustainability, social justice, cultural diversity, and we try to shop in a way that reflects our values. We prefer consensus, open communication, and enjoy engaging in random projects.

Membership includes chore sharing, committee participation, cooking and attending weekly vegetarian/vegan house dinner and meeting, shared food – including Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) produce and vegetables we grow in our backyard garden!

About the house:

  *   We live in a three-story ​house ​close to the Ashmont Station on the Red Line (a 8-12 min walk, a 1-stop trolley ride & 4 min walk, or the 215 bus that stops in front of our house).
  *   We have a large backyard with multiple raised garden beds. There are parking spots in back.
  *   We have weekly house meetings and dinner, where we discuss any and all issues regarding the house.
  *   We have 7 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms.
  *   You would be joining 5 continuing human housemates, and a chill cat named Sa’vaje.
  *   Additional pets are subject to landlord approval and discussion by current housemates.
  *   We have WiFi, laundry & storage in the basement​, a shared kitchen, dining room, and living room.
  *   There are about six stairs to walk up to get into the house and both available rooms are on the second floor.
  *   Smoking on the property is prohibited by our lease.
  *   New housemates may be added to our current lease, which goes to August 2022. There is a scheduled rent raise of $32/person in August 2020.

About the rooms:

The available rooms are $880 total a month and a $690 security deposit, including a $180 fee which includes utilities, internet, CSA, bulk food orders and weekly vegetarian groceries. Both available rooms have closets and lots of light. Peep pictures at https://www.millstonecoop.org/live-with-us/.

About you:

Community-oriented, excited about living in an inter-generational, multi-racial space. Bonus if you are from or already live in Dorchester!

Sound like a good fit? Fill out a membership application<https://forms.gle/UawGSNKuuSLWKDxG6>! (https://forms.gle/UawGSNKuuSLWKDxG6)