[Friends of Millstone] Greetings From Millstone

Millstone Coop millstonecoop at gmail.com
Thu May 26 10:00:41 EDT 2016

Dear Friends & Lovers of Millstone Past & Present,

Firstly, may we the current Millies extend our deepest love and gratitude
to all of you who have contributed to the vibrancy of Millstone over these
past 16+ years. Whether you've been a housie, a caring neighbor, an awesome
sublettor, or frequent visitor, your energy and love has been a huge part
of what has made Millstone... well, Millstone :)

Some of you may have already heard the unfortunate news that our current
house has been sold :( Our current lease runs through August 31. Though it
will be incredibly difficult to leave this location, we are also excited to
be working with Boston Community Cooperatives (BCC <http://bcc.coop/>) to
find a more permanent home for the Millstone community!

Right now, we are starting to put together a down payment for this new home
and looking to our community for support. We are hoping to connect with
folks who are interested in investing in Millstone-- as a community
resource, as a way to support affordable housing in Somerville/Boston, and
as a really cool place that we want to see continue to exist.

If this seems interesting/awesome to you, we'd love to chat with you more
about how to help out or get involved. This is a HUGE project and we will
need a lot of support! Even things that seem small will be a big help. Some
ways you can help are:

●      Invest in Millstone through an Allied Loan (1-4% returns)

●      Make a tax-deductible donation through Paypal (even $20 can help)
http://bit.ly/supportmillstone

●      Ask your friends and family to support Millstone

●      Give us advice. Have you purchased a home before? Do you know of big
foundations interested in supporting affordable housing? You may know
something awesome that we don’t. We’d love to hear it!

Attached, there is some of the paperwork explaining how Allied Loans work.
But if you'd like to chat with us a bit before wading through paperwork,
please do reach out to us.

Even if you can’t get involved, we still thank you so much for everything
you have already given to this community, truly.

If you have time, send us emails or letters, we’d love to hear about your
lives, to reconnect and strengthen the Millstone Alumni network. Over 100
people have lived in Millstone over the past 16+ years, and hundreds more
have added their ideas, laughter and joy.

*Either way, we would love to celebrate all that is Millstone while we
still occupy 102 Morrison Ave. We plan to have a Millstone celebration
event on Aug 13th of this year. We will be in touch with more details soon,
but mark your calendars. We'd love for you to join us! *

In Love, Cooperation & Community,

Mary, Katherine, Annabel, Caitlin, Zettie, June, Mariko, Joey, Elijah,
Marie-Ana, & Adam

The Current Millies

P.S. If you know of a house or apartment for rent in the Somerville area
starting Sept 1st (ideally with 8ish bedrooms and within a 15 minute walk
to a T station) that we can rent temporarily, let us know!