[*BCM*] Community Event Triad: Critical Mass, Extinction Rebellion, & Birthday Ride Tomorrow, 8/16!

Kellianne Hamburg khamburg1 at antioch.edu
Thu Aug 15 13:01:00 EDT 2019

Hi there,

I'm a resident from Keene making my way down to Boston for the Extinction
Rebellion's Critical Mass Bike Party ride tomorrow, August 16th. A few of
us wanted to spread the word with local bike groups, both for the critical
mass cyclist empowerment opportunity, and the chance to ride in solidarity
for Just Transition Environmental Advocacy, and also, especially, because
of a dear friend.

Helen, one of my closest friends since I moved from Keene, my Bestie, as
you might say--once lived in Jamaica Plain and attended college in the
city, and had a hugely pivotal and formative experience when she first rode
with Critical Mass in Boston. It's been a while since she last did that,
and now that she is turning 29 this year, a bunch of us are trying our
damnedest to recreate that for her (or atleast, the critical mass of people
part). Also you know, for the sake of cycling safety, Frogger, raising
awareness of environmental and social collapse, all that. She does not know
that we are on this secret mission. She only knows we're all showing up
together for this month's iteration of Extinction Rebellion's Critical Mass.

So, if you feel called, would you yourselves turn up for the ride? Or tell
all your friends and community members to show up? Or in the least, tell
everyone you know, and don't know, that there's a critical mass bike party
ride happening tomorrow, leaving from Copley Square at 5:30 pm?

Attached is a flyer, and a link to the flyer, for fun.

Thanks a ton!

Be well, KAe

Critical Mass hosted by Extinction Rebellion Bike Ride
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz0OCqQjpEAjQVRORGtCSzNJa01CVmdwSGx3OTJ0OU5GNmhF/view?usp=sharing>

- --  ---   -----
*"Here is a story*
*to break your heart.*
*Are you willing?"  . ::Mary Oliver*

*Kellianne (KAe) Hamburg*
*Pronouns: They/Them/Theirs/Themselves*
Antioch University, Conservation Biology Masters Candidate
khamburg1 at antioch.edu (267) 372 - 4936

*"if it can't be reduced, reused, repaired, rebuilt, refurbished,
refinished, resold, recycled, or composted, then it should be restricted,
redesigned, or removed from production." *
*::Berkely Ecology Center*