[*BCM*] May 16 - Spring Ride with the Cambridge Bicycle Committee

Cambridge Bikes cambridgebikes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 17:35:49 EDT 2015

"I do not own a car. I either ride a bicycle or use public transportation."

These are the unexpected words of Car Talk host Tom Magliozzi, who likely
uttered them when his current heap of a car wouldn't start. Tom's
unexpected death ended a celebrated career spreading joy with his
infectious laugh and sage advice.

"Don't Bike Like My Brother" is the theme of this year's Cambridge Bicycle
Committee's spring ride honoring Tom. Mark your calendar for Saturday, May
16. We'll be meeting at the main library, 449 Broadway, at 9:30 AM and
starting the ride promptly at 10:00 AM.

During the two-hour ride, we'll pass by more than a dozen landmarks of
Tom's life in Our Fair City, including the house and neighborhood where he
grew up, the schools he attended, the places he avoided working, and the
cafes where he preferred spending his time.

as the tour develops. We'll be sharing trivia about the history of Tom and
Ray's Good News Garage, the origin of the names "Click and Clack", and
other esoteric knowledge, as well as ride details.