[*BCM*] ! Grand Junction Path Meeting !

Joseph Poirier jpoirier20 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 09:27:50 EDT 2014

Attention Cyclists:

Cambridge City Councillor Carlone has called the first meeting of the city’s Transportation & Public Utilities Committee to discuss planning for the long-awaited Grand Junction Path.  Given the tremendous development occurring in Cambridge and the Boston metro area (along with climate change), it has become increasingly important that we fast-track this project to completion.  This cannot be done without pressure and vocal support from Cantabs, Bostonians, and Villens united.

Your attendance at this committee meeting will be crucial in showing community and taxpayer support for this project.  Your personal comment on why this path needs to be completed yesterday will be even more effective.  If you can make it, please come and fill the room with your positive vibes!

The meeting is Wednesday, June 11th at 3:00PM, in Cambridge City Hall’s Sullivan Chambers.

joe

P.S. As a teaser, I’ve attached this rendering of the Grand Junction Path.  It’s not technically accurate, just one resident’s vision of what the path could be.  This image shows the path looking south from Mass. Ave. towards the Charles River.  Very exciting…