[*BCM*] Victory is Sweet

Cambridge Bikes cambridgebikes at gmail.com
Tue May 14 17:08:05 EDT 2013

Cambridge wins Gold!

Our ride this Saturday, May 18, at 10:00 AM,
is now a victory celebration.

Cambridge was just awarded Gold certification as a Bike
Friendly Community by the League of American Bicyclists.
Mayor Henrietta Davis will accept the award on behalf of
the city at 9:30 AM, just before the “Sweet Ride”
begins. We’re proud to receive this recognition and
thank you as a cyclist for making bicycling part of your
life.

Ride day is getting closer and our website has been
updated with more details. Go to www.CambridgeBikes.org
for a map of the route and a description of the sites
we’ll pass. From our webpage you can also preview the
brochure that’s being printed and distributed at
Saturday’s ride.

During breaks along our 12 mile route, we’ll learn about
Julia Child from Diana Carey at Harvard’s Schlesinger
Library and review Cambridge’s culinary history with
Gavin Kleespies, director of the Cambridge Historical
Society.

Flatbread Company, our neighbor to the north in Davis
Square, Somerville, will be treating us to a snack of
pizza after our day of sweets.

You can keep exploring after the ride ends by visiting
Cambridge Open Studios. If you’re renting a bike from
Urban AdvenTours, you can keep it all day for just $20.
Call 617-670-0637 and tell then you’re taking the Sweet
Ride to get this special rate.

Please arrive at the library on Broadway no later than
10:00 AM. If you’re coming to the awards ceremony, or
if you’d like to have your bike checked out by the
volunteers from Quad Bikes and Urban AdvenTours,
please arrive by 9:30 AM.

This Saturday, May 18, is the
Sweet Ride 10:00 AM at the
Main Library, 449 Broadway