[*BCM*] Mass Ave, Arlington bike infrastructure threatened

David Watson david at massbike.org
Mon Feb 25 15:03:22 EST 2013

Thanks for the support. I live in Arlington, and it's pretty unbelievable
how hard people are willing to fight against bike lanes.

One request: If you don't live in Arlington, or at least frequently ride
that section of Mass Ave, please consider submitting written comments by
email instead of attending the meeting. Bike lane opponents have tried to
create the impression that bike advocates are bringing in nonresidents to
artificially bolster support for bike lanes. They actually called for a
show of hands at one meeting in hopes of catching lots of nonresidents.
Ironically, this backfired on them, as there were more nonresidents there
against bike lanes than for them! But it would still be better to deprive
opponents of this argument.

David

David Watson
Executive Director
MassBike
171 Milk Street, Suite 33
Boston, MA 02109
Phone: 617-542-BIKE (2453)
Fax: 617-542-6755
Email: david at massbike.org

The Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition promotes a bicycle-friendly
environment, and encourages bicycling for fun, fitness, and transportation.

Visit us at MassBike.org <http://massbike.org/>.  Not a member?  Click
here<https://massbike.org/shop/product/membership-new/>to join.