[*BCM*] The May 19 Bike Committee Ride Approaches

Cambridge Bikes cambridgebikes at gmail.com
Tue May 15 11:56:42 EDT 2012

THE STRING THEORY BIKE TOUR
Coming to you from the Cambridge Bicycle Committee
http://cambridgebikes.org

"I thought of that while riding a bicycle."

Albert Einstein reportedly said this about his Theory of Relativity.
We can't guarantee that you'll be equally inspired but we can promise
you that joining our May 19 String Theory Bike Tour will be a great
way to explore Cambridge and science.

Take a look online at our ride map for descriptions of the dozens of
historic and current scientific landmarks on our route.

We're excited to be making our first stop at the Museum of Science
where we'll be welcomed on the courtyard to experiment with
aerodynamics and use their telescope to observe solar activity.

We'll also stop at Cambridge Common for delicious snacks from Harvard
Square's newest Indian restaurant, The Maharaja, delivered by the
innovative, eco-friendly Metro Pedal Power cycle vans.

When the ride ends at Fresh Pond, we'll be treated to lunch from the
company that makes food shopping fun - Trader Joe's. Stay on after
lunch for the nature walks, music, and storytelling of Fresh Pond Day.

We start next to the Kendall Square T station with a 10:15 AM orientation.

Come at 9:45 AM for the free bike inspections by Urban Adventours and
Eastern Mountain Sports. They'll be adjusting tire pressure, shifters,
and brakes, and checking for secure parts. While supplies last, pick
up a complimentary water bottle from Urban Adventours.

If you don't have a bike to bring to the ride, Urban AdvenTours will
rent you one all day for only $20. To reserve a bike at this special
rate, call them at 617 670-0637 in advance and say you're joining the
String Theory Tour.

If one day of science and innovation is not enough, consider attending
the Cambridge Historical Society's benefit event - Innovation: How Our
City Changed America. On May 20, they'll be exploring the inventions,
inventors, and dreamers that started in our city and changed the
world.

Stay tuned for weather news. We'll send out an announcement shortly
before the ride to confirm or cancel.

We look forward to seeing you Saturday, May 19.