[*BCM*] Boston Take Back the Night Participation

Sarah Merriman sarah.merriman12 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 11:08:29 EDT 2011

Hello wonderful Critical Mass people!

My name is Sarah, and I am a part of the Boston Take Back the Night
Collective. We are a group of students organizing a Take Back the Night
event for the entire city of Boston. If you aren't aware of what this event
entails, I encourage you to poke around their website:
http://www.takebackthenight.org/. Basically, it's an event that raises
support and awareness for those affected in some way by sexual assault (aka
everyone) with a speak-out rally, march, and ending cool down. This is the
first time that a group is trying to hold this event as a city wide
happening, and in planning meetings, we were curious as to whether some of
you folks would be interested in being a part of the event by riding next to
those walking, further enforcing the idea that we own the streets and
deserve to feel safe. The event is happening April 30th, 2011, and the march
will take place around 7 30, though a closer to exact time will be available
soon.

So.
What do y'all think?

Sarah