[*BCM*] Video recording the rides

rinonvan at gmail.com rinonvan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 10:43:20 EDT 2010

This is twofold actually.

Firstly, looking forward to the next ride in a few days as I have
immensely enjoyed the last four or five.
I've seen several people recording the rides and wonder how people
feel about this.
I actually like seeing the videos and wish there were more online, but
also wonder if others would rather not be documented as we do actually
run red lights and stop signs and "cork" intersections. Being still
quite new to CM rides, is there some kind of general understanding
about recording or photographing? Has a video ever been used as
"evidence" against a participant?
I'm also interested in any recommendations on recording techniques,
what people use, et cetera as I'm not terribly comfortable with a
handheld phone or camera while I ride.

Secondly, in regards to the incident last month (hope things are going
well for Yoni, any update?) I just found this interesting link via
Boing Boing that I thought I would share:
http://reason.com/archives/2010/09/20/how-to-record-the-cops
Has anyone tried recording wirelessly, instantly streaming and archiving online?
Could have been extremely helpful.

Thanks.

-S