[*BCM*] _Globe_ Story about Raymond Pina

Jym Dyer jym at econet.org
Wed Sep 1 12:30:14 EDT 2010

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2010/09/01/critical_mass_rider_says_officer_pushed_him_off_bike/

=v= Overall, not a bad article, though I take issue with this:

| But it appears there have been a growing number of incidents
| in which Critical Mass participants have been ticketed,
| arrested, or had their bikes confiscated, Pomerantz said.

Joel Pomerantz is a friend of mine, and what he *actually* said
was that media coverage makes it *look* that way.  The wording
here leans towards an entirely different misinterpretation.

=v= I find it odd that the reporter called around San Francisco
looking someone to quote (and excerpt poorly, in this case), but
didn't check on folks in NYC about the Pogan case.
    <_Jym_>