[*BCM*] This Saturday: Tour Somerville by bicycle

Ron Newman rnewman at thecia.net
Fri Oct 15 10:14:44 EDT 2010

The Somerville Bicycle Committee's Tour de Somerville will take place
tomorrow - Saturday, October 16. We'll explore off-road paths in
Somerville and neighboring towns, especially along Alewife Brook and
the Mystic River.

We'll meet at 10 am at Seven Hills Park, behind the Holland Street
MBTA entrance in Davis Square. The ride will leave promptly at 10:15.
A map of the route is at http://tinyurl.com/TourSomerville2010 . A
little more information is at http://SomervilleBikes.org/Events.html .

Somerville police will escort the ride, and Redbones will provide
refreshments at a rest stop. Some of the paths we're exploring are
unpaved dirt and may be challenging for bicycles with narrow tires.

Right now we think a rain postponement (to Sunday) is unlikely, but if
it is necessary we'll announce it at http://SomervilleBikes.org/Events.html
.