[*BCM*] Somerville History Bike Tour - Sunday 5/23 - Lost Theatres of Somerville

Ron Newman rnewman at thecia.net
Tue May 4 00:58:27 EDT 2010

The 9th annual Somerville History Bike Tour will take place on Sunday,
May 23rd.   We'll meet at Somerville City Hall at 1 pm, leaving
promptly at 1:15 and riding for about 8 miles.

This  year's theme is "Lost Theatres of Somerville".    We'll visit
the locations of Somerville's former movie theatres, many of which are
still standing and converted to other uses.
Our tour will be based on David Guss's recent Somerville Museum
exhibit and website - http://LostTheatres.org

The ride is jointly sponsored by the Somerville Bicycle Committee and
the Somerville Historic Preservation Commission.
We are requesting a $3 donation to support the Historic Preservation
Commission's activities.

In the event of steady rain, we'll postpone the ride to Sunday, June 13.

For more information, including a map and cue sheet, visit http://SomervilleBikes.org/Events.html
  .