[*BCM*] Electro Bike....Re: Battered Biker Syndrome

thom3 at aol.com thom3 at aol.com
Tue Aug 10 13:49:30 EDT 2010

 My understanding is that scooters et al  may a) park on the street or b) on the sidewalk as long as they don't impede pedestrian and handicap access. (this varies from town to town). The reasons vespas and scooters are not allowed to chain up at bike racks is because one scooter takes up a space that could accommodate 2 or more bikes and bikes really can't do a or b without a designated post.

the idea I like the best is sort of what they did at the Otherside, take away car parking. It would work for scooters and vespas as well, you'd just have to segregate the two. Racks in the spot for bikes, street painted lines for scooters (and motorcycles?). For one car you could probably get at least dozen bikes and about 5 plus scooters (et al).