[*BCM*] Tour de Somerville: City of Seven (Or More) Hills - Saturday 10/17

Ron Newman rnewman at thecia.net
Mon Sep 28 22:48:19 EDT 2009

Join the Somerville Bicycle Committee for our 17th annual fall Tour de
Somerville. This year's theme is "Somerville: City of Seven (Or More)
Hills".
We'll meet on Saturday, October 17 at 10 am at Seven Hills Park
(behind the Holland Street T entrance in Davis Square), leaving
promptly at 10:15.

Our ride will be approximately 11 miles, and visit each of
Somerville's hills, both those that still exist and those that have
been removed. Riders should wear helmets and be prepared for hill
climbs and descents. We will make brief stops at the tops of most
hills so that riders stay together as a group, but we won't have
extended history lectures or speeches.

The Somerville Police will escort the ride on bicycles, and Redbones
will provide refreshments at the halfway point.

For more info (and a list of hills), visit http://somervillebikes.org/events.html
  .
A route map is at http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/312795 , and a
cue sheet at http://www.bikely.com/cuesheet/route/312795 .

If it rains, we'll try again the next day, same time and location.