[*BCM*] This Saturday: Bike the Seven (Or More) Hills of Somerville

Clive Standley cstandley at rcn.com
Sat Oct 17 18:03:05 EDT 2009

I'd never advise someone not to wear a helmet, it's a personal decision.
I don't feel the same about running lights though as that endangers
others and is against the law. It amazes me that many organized events
insist on helmets, but seem to allow the most flagrant abuses of basic
road rules. It's not the law to wear a helmet as an adult, but it is the
law to follow the rules of the road.

If someone organizes a ride I see nothing wrong in them insisting on
helmets, that's entirely up to them. In fact I was going to go on the
Somerville ride and then saw that helmets were required so I decided not
to go. It's also why I don't participate in organized events like the
Pan Mass Challenge.