[*BCM*] MBTA bike survey

Dave Atkins datkinsg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 06:02:56 EDT 2009

I've taken my bike on the commuter rail a few times and they have always
been courteous, but, as a rider of the often standing-room only trains, I
can appreciate how unwelcome a bike would be during busy times. Best case is
they let you put the bike in a vestibule on the end; but then I'm worrying
it's going to fall over (or out!) of the train car.

I think the best strategy is what one person mentioned--get a beater bike
and lock it up at South Station to be there when you need it. Meanwhile we
can dream of the day when this will be our problem:

http://hembrow.blogspot.com/2009/06/dutch-railway-station-cycle-parking.html